2018 schedule – September 9, 2018
Note: All scheduled events below are proposed and are subject to time changes.
Sunday, September 9th, 2018
- 8:00 am – 5km Run/Walk start at Metchosin Community Hall
- 8:00 am – Pancake Breakfast for runners, vendors, volunteers and public
- 11:00 am – Pet Show in the Village Green
- 10:00 am – Vendors, Exhibits, Food Vendors and Displays Open
- 10:30 am – Awards and prizes for the 5 km Walk/Run
- 12:00 noon – Children Games – Village Green
- 12:00 noon – Sheep Shearing Demos every hour, on the hour
- 1:00 pm – 4 H judging, displays and demonstrations – Village Green
- 1:00 pm – Baking, pies, bread and fruits and vegetables viewing in the district office
- 2:15 pm – Mayor of Metchosin presents Metchosin Community Awards on Main Stage
- 2:30 pm – Lions Pride Gymnastic Society demonstration – Village Green
- All day viewing Photography contest At the Community House and stay for cobbler and tea
Antique car show on the front field.
Look for the DIGGER near the fire hall and bike jump. A chance for you to practice your digging skills.
Entertainment at the Stage
FREE all day long…lots of chairs.
10:30 am-11:00 – 5 km run prizes
11:10 am-11:55 – Los Gringos Locos
12:00 noon-12:45 – Paradise Street
12:45 pm-1:20 – Pearson College
1:30 pm-2:10 – CURL
2:15 pm-2:40 – Council present Metchosin Awards
2:45 pm-3:40 – Bill Johnson Blues Band
3:45 pm-4:40 – Chick Wagon
4:45 pm-5:40 – Nice Verdes
5:45 pm-6:30 – Thirty Six Strings
Morris Dancers and Copper Cowgirl will be performing around the village green during the day.
BEER TENT* is OPEN 11AM-6PM
*Age of Majority Government Issued ID required.
Metchosin Community House
- Metchosin Community House indoors Cobbler Café serves coffee, tea and yummy home baked fruit cobbler. Come and listen to Allison Marshall playing the harp and piano throughout the day.
- Photography contest is at the MC House too.
Stop by the Old Barn Books for a great deal on used books. Check out the PIoneer Museum at the same time.
You will also get to see engines and equipment from the past. Remember steam engines??
Metchosin Equestrian Society, 2018
Riding Ring Events:
- 11:00 Manestream Vaulters
- 12:00 Kim Scott – Dressage
- 12:30 Stellar Steppers
- 1:00 Liz Mossop – Dressage Demo
- 1:30 Lauren Brown – Jumping Demo
- 2:00 Stellar Steppers
- 2:30 Laura Fanning – student demo
- 3:00 Manestream Vaulters
- 3:30 Intro to Vaulting Clinic
(Note: times and participants may change)
Metchosin Equestrian Petting Farm: (10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
Metchosin Equestrian is providing a hands-on opportunity for children to make friends with miniature horses, a donkey, and other small friendly farm animals. The Petting Farm is located next to the riding ring. Admission is by donation to BC SPCA Horse Rescue. Donations of $10.00 or more are eligible for a charitable tax receipt.
A hand-washing station is located between the petting farm and the Metchosin Equestrian Concession, which is under the grandstands. It is hoped that people will watch the horses perform in the ring, stop in to love the minis and donate to horse rescue, and move on to find a treat to eat the concession. Money raised at the concession provides for maintenance of the riding ring.