2016 is FULL! VENDORS/EXHIBITS & DISPLAYS can APPLY HERE for 2017.
Here is information you should have available at 2016 Metchosin Day.
METCHOSIN DAY MAP – Exhibits/Displays/Vendors
VILLAGE CENTRE EXHIBITS DISPLAYS Listing
VILLAGE GREEN VENDORS Listing
For Vendors/Exhibits & Displays setting up – **Reminder – Set up is 8 am on Sunday, September 11th, 2016 for opening at 10 am. Large or complex displays may be set up the day before. Most vendors/displays close up by 4 pm. The dinner is served at 5 pm and the music and beer garden continue till 6:30pm.
** All vehicles must be removed from the M-Day Village Centre and Village Green before 10 am. Parking is available in the Public Parking field adjacent to the Village Green Vendor area.
- First Aid stations are located and at Metchosin Community House, the Information Booth and M-Day Village Hall, identified by a large Red Cross symbol.
- Water is available at the CRD Water Cart near the info booth. Bring your bottle to refill. Dog drinking dishes are also available throughout the park.
- Ticket/Info booth is located just inside the entry gates.
- Any lost or found items can be turned into the information/ticket booth. After Metchosin Day these items are left at the municipal office to be claimed. Any announcements regarding lost items can be left at the information/ticket booth for announcement over the PA system.
- Toilets and hand-washing stations are located throughout the park at the Family Picnic Area, Pioneer Museum/Old Barn Books and behind the Main Stage and Beer Tent.
- There are lots of contests taking place throughout the day in Village Centre. Please check the schedule and program for times. The baking – pies and cakes contest and produce contest is located at town hall, and the photography contest is at the Metchosin Community House along with the Cobler Cafe, where coffee/tea and cobler is being served. Yikes Bikes, Pet Show and Children’s Games are just a few of the activities taking place. Hay Rides, Back Hoe and Digger are a few returning favourites.
- Dinner tickets for the salmon and lamb BBQ are for sale for $20 at the information booth. The traditional dinner includes both salmon and lamb plus bun and butter, coleslaw, corn on the cob, mint sauce and watermelon. There are only 400 tickets that sell out quickly, so get yours right away!
- The Beer garden is beside the main stage pavilion. Drinks are $5.00 and include beer, wine and cider.
- The ATM machine is located at the Family Picnic Area.
- No cars are allowed within M-Day Village unless with prior permission. All vehicles to be removed to the parking areas by 10am.
- VILLAGE GREEN VENDOR ACCESS and PARKING
Entry via Village Gate C (field access) from 8-9:30am on Sunday
Limited Access to Village Green Vendors and Vintage Vehicles Only
Gate C will be CLOSED between 9:30am-3:30pm for Emergency Use Only
Exit via Village Gate C (field access) from 4:00pm-5:00pm on Sunday
- VILLAGE CENTRE DISPLAY/EXHIBIT ACCESS and PARKING
Entry via Village Gate B (next to Fire Hall) from 8-9:30am only on Sunday. Larger displays may set up on Saturday with permission only.Gate B is also ALL DAY DROP-OFF/ACCESS for General Public Foot Traffic
to M-Day Village, along with Bicycle/Stroller/Wheelchair access to Village Centre.
FOOD VENDOR & EQUINE EXHIBITORS/RIDERS
Entry via Village Gate A (north Metchosin Community House)
Gate A is also Village Gate A (north MCH Entry) from 8-9:30am and following limited entry for 5K run, reserved parking for Equestrian trailers and Handicap and Bicycle Parking Only*** VEHICLE EXIT ALL DAY
No vehicle entry after 9:30 am. No parking Happy Valley Road or Rocky Point Rd.
All vehicles parked illegally will be towed at owner’s expense. Parking in Public Parking Field via Rocky Point Road or Vendors/Volunteer Reserved Parking across Happy Valley Road at the Metchosin Arts Centre Building (Old School House).
Rocky Point Road Access Gate will be closed at 4pm.
NO IN-OUT ACCESS via Rocky Point Road after 4pm on Metchosin Day.