Here is a chance to show off your amateur photo skills. Enter your photography before 4pm on Friday, September 9th. Judging takes place on Saturday and all submissions are hung in the Metchosin Community House for 2016 Metchosin Day on Sunday, September 11th.
Sponsored by: METCHOSIN ARTS AND CULTURAL CENTRE ASSOCIATION (MACCA)
Judges: Tony Austin, Peter Lewis
Facilitating Metchosin arts and cultural initiatives by offering studio space, networking and grants.
IMPORTANT ENTRY DEADLINE:
Submissions accepted no later than Friday, September 9th.
Bring photos to :
- the Metchosin Community House (open Monday through Friday, 9am to 1pm)
- the Municipal Offices during office hours, deadline 4pm on Friday, September 10th.
- Glow Gallery, studio space located in the MACCA building, 4495 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin
SCENERY (LOCAL/VANCOUVER ISLAND)
MONTAGES (theme collections mounted on a page)
BLACK & WHITE
Ribbons, rosettes and cash prizes awarded in each Category. Special ribbons for Young Photographers aged 11 to 16 inclusive, and 10 and under.
REMEMBER: Leave your entries no later than 4pm Friday, September 9th at the Metchosin Community House (Mon. through Friday 9am to 1pm), or the Municipal Offices (during office hours), or at the Glow Gallery (open Thursday through Sunday).
NO LATE ENTRIES accepted as the contest is hung and judged on Saturday morning for display to the public on 2016 Metchosin Day on Sunday, September 11th.
- Eligibility: Photos of Metchosin (by anyone) or Photos of Anything by Metchosin residents.
- Presentation: photos can be any size, BUT Ready to hang – matted and/or framed.
- To Enter: Please leave your photos at the Metchosin Community House (open Monday through Friday, 9am to 1pm), or at the Municipal Offices during office hours, deadline 4 pm on Friday, September 10th. No late entries accepted.
- Identification: Please put a label on the back of your entry photo with your Name, Age (if under 18 and eligible for Young Persons Awards), Title of Photo, Address and Telephone Number.
- Labels are available at the Community House and the Municipal Hall and can be completed when you drop off your entry.
- Limit of 3 Entries per contestant
PHOTOS WILL BE ON VIEW AT THE COMMUNITY HOUSE SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 11th FROM 11AM TO 4PM ON METCHOSIN DAY. Photographers can return to collect their entries during office hours the following week, at MCH.
For more information: Call Art at 250-474-3346