Metchosin Community Day Baking Contest
Metchosin Day 2023 takes place on Sunday 10th September. The baking contest entries will be judged on Saturday 9th September, 5-7 pm and displayed in the Municipal Hall during Metchosin Day.
Junior – up to age 11
Youth – 12-16
Adult – 17+
- Butter or dessert cake – any flavour. Must be iced.
- Theme cakes – choose your theme and decorate accordingly! Themes could include, nature, superheroes. Metchosin, favourite book, farm animal, sea life etc
- Other fruit (plum, peach…)
- Ribbons 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each age category
- Best in show
- Spirit of Metchosin
- Peoples choice – votes will be cast by Metchosin Day attendees during the display of all entries on September 10th. $2 per vote, proceeds to Metchosin Day
- All entries will be entered into a draw to win a gift basket filled with produce from Metchosin Farmstands
- Theme cakes – creativity
- All submissions must be made from scratch
- Decoration must be edible
- Entries requiring refrigeration will not be accepted (health regulations)
- Entries must be delivered to Metchosin Council Chambers on Saturday 9th September between 3 and 5 pm. Judging will take place 5-7 pm. Results available Sunday morning at Metchosin Day
- Awards presented Sunday 10th September 3 pm. Please be present to receive ribbons and be photographed. Winner of the ‘all entries’ draw prize gift basket must be present for the awards or another name will be drawn.
- All entries to be picked up after 3 pm Sunday 10th September